Street Homeless FAQ and How to Help

Questions have come in to the BHA office lately asking about the best response to homeless individuals in the neighborhood, promenade, and parks. We have been told by our local police precinct and City officials that residents can and should report someone who may need help to 311.

When you log a call to 311 or use the app on your phone or computer, it triggers a response from the City’s mobile outreach team who are required to be on site within an hour of the report to offer assistance and services to the individual(s) in question.

Download the Department of Homeless Services guide, or go to their website for more resources and information.